- Why DEV hosts on Heroku (and how we configure our service)
In a phrase, we've been using Heroku for years because it gives us our time back, and really doesn't need to be taught.
- PaaS vs IaaS: Choosing the Right Technology for Your Project
Understanding your team’s biases, moving past them, and choosing the correct technology is critical. Is it a PaaS or IaaS? A PaaS and Heroku were the right choices for Ohana.
- Building a Slackbot to Answer Analytics Questions From Your Database
Learn how to build a Slackbot to answer analytics questions from your database, or in other words, how to use a Lita chatbot to fetch data from Heroku Dataclips.
- 6 Myths About Heroku, Debunked
See why common misperceptions about Heroku, such as lack of control or vendor lock-in, are far from the truth.
- Our Minimum Viable Process for Changing and Deploying Software
This post highlights the ways Heroku underlies DrivenData's minimum viable process for web deployments.
- What does Unsplash Cost in 2019?
Learn what it takes to fund this growing open photography service and how Heroku provides cost advantages to its small, product-focused team.
- Four Apps You Shouldn't Build on Heroku
This article discusses four specific types of apps that are not good candidates for migrating to a cloud platform like Heroku.
- The Myth of Heroku Lock-in
Many Heroku developers go from hobbyist to high-volume, but this is a choice. This article explains how Heroku apps are inherently portable from the start.
- Heroku vs AWS
In this analysis, Heroku is noted for its simplicity and speed, allowing developers to build complex apps as quickly as possible, and to run those apps at scale.
- Switching to Heroku CI
Since April 2018, the Doctolib test suite has been running on Heroku CI. This post shares the motivation behind the switch, as well as the insights collected.
- No Ops Required: How Heroku Powers Fast, Modern App Innovation [Webinar]
This large org replaced their legacy systems and modernized their tech stack and business so they could better serve customers without spending time on complex ops.
- Tech Tales №2: Jonathan Lister Parsons, CTO at PensionBee
In this interview, Jonathan discusses how his tech stack on Heroku enables new ways of doing things and helps PensionBee drive change in the financial services industry.
- Big on Heroku: Scaling Fountain Without Losing a Drop
Without the need to manage infrastructure, a small product team could focus all their energy on building features and attracting customers to a live product.
- An Infrastructure Journey
Heroku’s clean, automated workflow allowed Connect Space to build new ideas quickly, saved engineers time, and provided an easily scalable environment.
- The Beauty of Heroku Connect: Simplifying Database Synchronization
Follow a student's journey to figuring out Salesforce integration, including his enlightening experience working with the cool features of Salesforce/Heroku/Rails.
- Open MCT: A Web-Based Mission Control Framework by NASA
Need an open source framework for data visualization and operations of systems producing telemetry data? Check out the great work from the team @NASA.
- How Heroku Private Spaces Provides Us with GDPR-Ready Infrastructure for Fast Deployments of Sensitive Data Services
Heroku's fast deployment process and cost-effective setup helped Voucherify launch and test new features, while removing the burden of configuration and monitoring.
- At the Eye of the Storm: How I Helped Save People During the Disastrous Kerala Floods
In a mission critical scenario where every minute counts, learn why Heroku was the best choice for this disaster relief app.
- 5 Foolish Reasons You're Not Using Heroku
If you're not using Heroku for your cloud needs, maybe it's time to reconsider. This article looks at why this is (and why it shouldn't be).
- How to Create and Deploy a Telegram Bot?
Learn how to build a very simple Telegram bot using Python and deploy it on Heroku.
- From Prototype to Cloud: A Python Recipe Converter
This post outlines the development of a Python web application using Jupyter Lab, Flask, and the Heroku platform.
- The Flask Mega-Tutorial Part XVIII: Deployment on Heroku
A step-by-step guide to deploying a web app, Microblog, to Heroku.
- To 30 Billion and Beyond
I decided that if I wanted to run ipify in a scalable, highly available and cheap way then Heroku was the simplest and best option: so that’s what I went with.